Thursday 28 July 2011

Advice Part 7- Dating disasters (Episode 1)

Bad dates. Where to start?

I'm sure everyone has been on a few in their time. Or is it just me?

My advice for young players is that if you are picking up "warning signs" that your date may not be going all that well, it's best to cut your losses, and conclude said meeting ASAP.

Preferably whilst you still have SOME self-respect left.


My worst ever date (so far!) was with a guy I met at a costume party. I gave him my number at the end of the night, and he contacted me 2 days later, suggesting we meet up for a drink.




Promising. VERY promising.

But I ignored
  • Warning Sign 1- his disclosure that "he had a lot on his plate and his mind at the moment" AND
  • Warning Sign 2- the fact that I didn't even recognise him at the pub, because he wasn't in fancy dress (yes, it gets worse than this, though.....) AND
  • Warning Sign 3- his disclosure that his mum had been married five times (although I guess the fact that she hadn't exceeded Elizabeth Taylor's tally was one thing in her favour....)

But I DID pick up
  • Warning Sign 4 (although this wasn't a warning sign, so much as an emergency alert)- his declaration that he was "actually seeing someone at the moment", but not to worry, as he wanted to invite me to be his OFFICIAL BACK-UP OPTION.

My. God.

And, to make matters worse, he thought I may be SERIOUSLY tempted to be his " official second choice" girlfriend (I wonder if he had a few "unofficial" back-ups, too?).

The date ended soon after. VERY soon after.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha so you didn't jump at the chance to be official number 2? Girls 3 through to n would have been so jealous! (love the pics by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many times he's been taken up on the offer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm afraid I passed at the opportunity to be Official Number 2 Girlfriend- although I'm guessing that n would be pleased to move up a place in the list! Glad you like the pictures! I'm imagining he hasn't been taken up a lot on the offer, but I guess if he keeps trying, someone may eventually say yes. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete