Monday 1 August 2011

Advice Part 8- Top Cat

So, my last post was on "animal behaviour." This post continues the theme.

But instead of focussing on the activities of particularly bad members of the human species, today's post is dedicated to the behaviour of my cat......(wow, how was that for a great segue? Ha ha!)

My advice for young players is- if you have a cat, make sure it knows that YOU are "Top Cat". Otherwise, it may start getting delusions that IT occupies this exalted status.

Case in point. Last year, I obtained my cat, Polly, who came as a "package deal", along with her comfy cushion.



At first, things went well- I sat on the couch, and Polly sat on her cushion.

FANTASTIC!

Or so I thought....

After a couple of weeks, Polly decided to exert her authority, and challenge me for the mantle of "Top Cat", and all it entails (namely, prized position on the sofa).

When I arrived home at night, there she was on the couch. And despite much encouragement, she would NOT budge. I tried everything.
  • Bribing her with tuna.
  • Beseeching and pleading.
  • Spraying her with the water bottle.
Nothing worked.

Now, Polly occupies the best part of the sofa (closest to the TV and the heater), whilst I am "permitted" to squeeze myself into a tiny space in the corner.

Maybe if I'm lucky, she'll let me sit on her cushion.....But I doubt it.

2 comments:

  1. Young Player here. I gots to know where that sweet picture of the dude with his pig/pig items is from. I have so many questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, Young Player:) I must admit that I "borrowed" the pig picture from another blog when I was trying to find a cool photo. Best. Picture. Ever. I look forward to hearing your other questions....XOXO

    ReplyDelete