Tuesday 26 July 2011

Advice Part 6- Head massages

Who goes to a hairdresser just to get their hair cut? Certainly not me.

For me, a haircut is simply an accompaniment to the main event, namely the obligatory shampoo and HEAD MASSAGE.....

My advice to young players is that when choosing a hairdressing salon, consider not only their ability to cut your hair, but also their skills in the scalp massaging arena. And hell, do I know this from experience.....



I've been to the same salon for a couple of years, and am reasonably happy with the way they cut my hair. Well, as happy as I can be, given the curly mess on my head.

But all this changed when I met Apprentice Alex, the Head Massage King. My satisfaction increased a thousand fold.

I can honestly say that I have NEVER met a man or woman so skilled in the shampooing arena. Evidence:
  • He made sure the water was the right temperature (!) by asking me (!!)
  • He didn't "accidentally" squirt any down the back of my neck (!!!),
  • He didn't engage in any inane conversation (!!!!)
And this guy's massage technique was FANTASTIC! Not too wimpy; not too tough; not too short; not too long (although I don't think it's possible to have a "too long" head massage).

I had found nirvana.... The human equivalent of the Orgasmatron....

I suddenly "needed" to get my hair cut every 4 weeks. Until Alex left the salon a few months later.

But I still hold out hope of finding his equivalent!

No comments:

Post a Comment