Thursday 22 September 2011

Advice Part 21- Lateness

As those of you who know me will attest, I have great difficulty EVER being on time.

My advice to young players is that whilst slight lateness may be forgivable, chronic tardiness can be somewhat problematic. Particularly when you have something VERY important on......



Allow me to illustrate. Yesterday, I had my annual work performance review. This hellish process involves filling out a SIX PAGE form, detailing
  1. All the things you do as part of your job
  2. How well you think you do them
  3. How you think you could improve
  4. How you "encapsulate the organisation's key values of sustainability, innovation, and technological advancement." (Hmm. No comment)
You then meet with your supervisor to "discuss".

This process scares me half to death.



I had been so paranoid about the performance review, that it took me FOREVER to get ready yesterday morning. Consequently, I missed the early train. And the late one. And the VERY late one.

I finally rocked up to work OVER AN HOUR LATE.


Oh. Dear.

By some miracle, my boss was even later than I was. Nonetheless, it's not an experience I intend to repeat......

But I guess being an hour late is an improvement on a previous performance of mine, when I turned up at a friend's birthday party ONE WEEK early....

No comments:

Post a Comment