Tuesday 4 October 2011

Advice Part 23- Dating a particular "type"

One thing which has ALWAYS puzzled me is the realisation that a lot of people tend to habitually go out with a particular "type" of partner.

Their current partner looks just like their former partner, who looks just like the person they went out with before that. And you can bet your bottom dollar that if their current relationship breaks up, it is likely that their new paramour will be a mirror image of the person they are with at the moment.....


My advice to young players is that if you are in this group, and have a particular "type", it is probably a good idea to expand your horizons (at least every now and again!)

How do I know this? Because I, unfortunately, am in the "type" group.

For some BIZARRE reason (and I quite literally have NO IDEA why), I tend have a strange fascination for men with:
  • Brown hair
  • Brown eyes
  • Glasses

(Laugh all you like, but yes, I do think Greg Combet is attractive....)

This concerns me, because I don't like to think of myself as being shallow or appearance focused. But I do find that I am naturally drawn towards men who look like this.....(Although, let me just add, I very often change my evaluation of people after speaking to them- so never fear!)


And I don't think I'm the only one with such preferences. I have a friend who likes men with red hair. And my uncle's last three girlfriends were virtually identical.


All I can say is that I hope not everyone has a "type", as I think it is VERY unlikely that anyone's "type" is going to be women with short frizzy hair and glasses!

6 comments:

  1. My type is women who put out. And wear heels in bed. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, good to hear, Jacob B! And a quick Google shows me you're not the only one who likes the heels in bed :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang. Missed it by the eyes. Mine are blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott- Well, as Meatloaf would say, "Two out of three ain't bad!" And I am, of course, willing to compromise (though maybe not with the high heels in bed :D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never dated anyone over 5 feet tall.... I'm claiming that's because of small sample size

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beaver- Ha ha, a small sample size both literally (not too many people) or metaphorically (the height of the people is limited) or both?

    ReplyDelete