Monday 2 January 2012

Advice Part 35- Dating Disasters (Episode 3)

Last week's "Find me a date" post was a bit random....But I'm pleased to say that it did have the desired effect of raising interesting dating possibilities. And that, after all, was the aim!


But let's not forget that the "Find me a date"- a-thon was prompted by a particularly negative incident on the so called dating merry-go-round (or "not so merry-go-round", in this case)

Still, I think I can offer some advice from this latest dating disaster, namely, if you are going to date MULTIPLE people at once (which I DO NOT recommend), it is generally prudent to take ALL STEPS not to get caught out....


So, here we go....

On Boxing Day, Hispano-phile that I am, I decided to wander down to Circular Quay to watch the new Almodóvar film. After watching said movie, I headed back to the train station.

I was idly glancing around (as you do), when I noticed a familiar looking bag go past. "Gee, that looks like Mr X's bag" I mused to myself (Mr X being the "gentleman" I had "being seeing" for the past month or so, and who had told me he was "busy" doing "family things" over the Christmas period (this sentence must set some sort of record for the most sets of inverted commas.....)).



Then I took a closer look: "Gee, that IS Mr X!"

I took an even closer look: "He's with a woman. Interesting. Maybe it's his sister?" (naïve, yes)

I took my closest look ever: "Oh, he's PUTTING HIS ARM AROUND THE WOMAN'S WAIST!!!! It's NOT his sister."


Classy.

I was (how do I say this politely?) ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS! So I promptly sent Mr X a message, saying that I had seen him at Circular Quay with another woman, and that I didn't want to hear from him again.

Needless to say, I haven't. But I can REALLY recommend the Almodóvar film. And that, at least, is something.



No comments:

Post a Comment