Monday 26 December 2011

Competition!!!!!- Find me a (decent) date....

As readers of this blog know, my love life (or lack thereof) is a veritable disaster.

And things seem to have hit a REAL low now, after catching the guy I was seeing out with another woman (but I'll leave those sordid details for another post.....)


In an effort to save myself from any more, err, "mistakes", I've decided to try a new approach.

Empirical studies have shown that a lot of successful relationships start when the couple are introduced by mutual friends. So now we reach the fun part.....

I've decided to have a little contest. 




YOUR MISSION (should you choose to accept it): To find me a decent guy. This could be a friend, older brother, younger brother, distant cousin, eternally single co-worker, random man you chat to on the bus, or even yourself. Someone you know, trust, and like.


THE CRITERIA: I'm not too fussy, but I am looking for someone who is male, is over 25, is smart, interesting and funny, is able to hold a decent conversation, likes reading/movies/wine/coffee, who ISN'T married or in a relationship with someone else, and who is fundamentally kind, honest and treats me well. As most people reading this will be my friends, you know what I'm like, and I think you can probably make a pretty good judgement as to what kind of person I'd go for.



HOW THIS WORKS: If you think you know someone who meets the criteria, FANTASTIC! Let me know a bit about them, and I'll pass you my details. I also have an email contact form on the base of this page.

THE PRIZE: Anyone who makes a good suggestion will be rewarded with a prize! (I'm thinking of a bottle of wine, a book, or a cake of your choice cooked by me (I'm actually quite a good cook), but I'm open to suggestions!)




Your time starts....NOW!

2 comments:

  1. ooh ooh ooh ooh I love competitions!....
    .....does it have to be a guy? I know some quite eligible chicks (...who also aren't lesbians...hmmm no that's not going to work...why does this have to be so difficult!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beaver, you disappoint me! I thought you would know plenty of eligible gentlemen! I deliberately kept the criteria pretty broad to increase the rates of success. And no, I'm afraid that straight women are not going to cut it (and I don't have too many problems finding ladies who are interested in other ladies.....). You will need to put your thinking cap on fast if you wish to have a chance of winning the prize!!!!!

    ReplyDelete