Sunday 22 January 2012

Advice Part 38- Yes, you can be TOO interested

So, yet another story for the "unsuitable dates" file.....

But, in contrast to previous episodes, today's instalment DOES NOT centre around a man who was not interested enough. Rather, it concerns a man who was TOO interested.

My advice to young players is that if you like a person, it is generally advisable to show them that yes, you are interested, but that it is prudent to exercise at least SOME restraint in your pursuit.



How do I know this? Read on......

A few weeks ago, on the way home from a night out, I happened to meet a man. We got chatting, and he seemed nice enough. When he asked for my number, I gave it to him, not really expecting him to call.

Foolish, foolish me.

The next day, I headed off to the movies, and put my phone on silent. When I emerged from the cinema 2 hours later, I checked my mobile, and found that I had (wait for it) 10 missed calls.



All from this guy.

My god.

This disturbed me. What sort of crazy person calls 10 times in the space of 2 hours????!!!! And if he was so desperate to speak to me, why on earth didn't he do what any sane person would, and leave me a message? I decided then and there that I would NOT be calling him back, as his behaviour was rather frightening and obsessive......


He called another 5 times that day.

And 3 more times the next.

I didn't answer.

Finally, by Day 4, he seemed to have got the message that I wasn't going to pick up the phone and stopped calling. He hasn't called me since. Thank god.

All I can say is that meeting a man who doesn't call AT ALL looked very tempting in comparison.....


No comments:

Post a Comment